Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 10: I made it

Dear all! I can't believe it we are on Week 10, which means I was able to complete almost all the assignments submitted by our dear Donna. What did I learn?
First of all, that everything is possible when you are committed and can rely on resourceful persons! some days of the past ten weeks were stressful and  some were joyfyl But every Saturday, I had the feeling of having worked well.
My second  "coup de coeur": (thing I liked best) is the pedagogical model: Discussion ( theory), Task (practice), Project ( research), and Blog (community). This is simply the best distance Learning program I ever participated in terms of qulaity, objectives, and organization.
Everything was just worth doing. I especially liked the discussion on : Learning objectives, including the ABCD model; Assessment, rubrics, and project-based learning; learner autonomy; Online tools for enhancing learning;
I just loved all of the tools, some of which I re-discovered: Nicenet for discussions, Noodle Tools for searching websites,  , Delicious for gathering my bookmarks,  Rubrics for assessments and evaluations, , Zunal for WebQuests, Interactive PowerPoint, Breaking News for Reading Comprehension activities, Tools for Educators for weksheet, games, and other resources creation, Easy Test Maker for test generation, etc, aalmost all of them free!.
The ones I will immediately use are the WebQuest generator, Nicenet, EasyTest Maker, and Delicious.

I now feel more confident to try  technical/web solutions in my daily practice and  would have "lost" a lot if I had not participated in this training.
Finally, I would like to stress the good working mood in which we worked, and the permanent availability of our Instructor, Donna, who has always quickly replied to my inquiries.. We've all been Netiquette experts!

Best regards to everybody, and see you online, inchallah!





4 comments:

  1. Hi Daouda,

    It was so nice meeting you! I hope one day I will visit your country!

    Congratulations on all the fantastic work you've made!

    Do keep in touch!

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daouda! We could learn so many technology tools that will help us to provide excellent lessons and to or students be motivated in learning English and not only! I know that we still have so many to explore in sites that we looked through, but still there are so many information that we can read and analyze again. Thank you a lot for your great input in all discussions, with your meaningful ideas and summary for all readings! With the best, Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Daouda.

    As you, I also enjoyed this course. It was a complete pleasure to share with you this experience. Don't forget that you have a friend here in Ecuador.

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dar Daouda,

    Thank you for your kind words; they warm my heart and gladden my soul. Thank you, also, for your active participation in the course and for your support of your colleagues. Your attention to everything you did was appreciated. I wish you the very, very best in all you do. I will miss you!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete